Thursday, October 2, 2008

I incorporate playing sports as my cross training during my marathon training. The fear I always have of running a marathon at the end or beginning of the year is the high risk I run of incurring an injury during flag football. I play quarterback on our flag football team and I run around a lot. That is the strength of our team. Every year I end up pulling a hamstring or hurting my ankle. I have made it injury free this year (knock on wood). I end up missing so much training time when I get injured. We are doing good this year. Our team, Ameriprise Financial, is 6 - 2. We are in sole possession of first place. We were up in our game last night 24 - 6. I asked Wes, our back up quarterback, if he wanted to QB the second half. We had four straight three and outs and the other team scored each time. They cut the score to six points. I came back in the game with 2 and 1/2 minutes left. I threw an interception on third down and luckily I pulled the guys flag at the 15. I was the last man he had to beat. On the very next play, the other team over threw their receiver and we intercepted it and were able to run out the clock. That was almost the worst melt down in the second half I have ever been a part of. We got too cocky and I should not have come out of the game. Lesson learned, it won't happen again.

No comments: